thank you so much for always being there and praying for the work here in Lima! I love you all so much and wish you the very best!
This week we feel very good. In the end, 0 people came to church wich means 0 are progressing but that is ok because Elder Diaz and I really feel like we have given our best efforts this week! We have been arriving home extremly tired but extremly happy every night! We are preaching with all of our might in this sector and right now the investgators that we have jsut are not progressing. It is frustrating to an extent but I have found comfort in these two verses of Moroni 9. 4,6
4 Behold, I am laboring with them continually; and when I speak the word of God with sharpness they tremble and anger against me; and when I use no sharpness they harden their hearts against it; wherefore, I fear lest the Spirit of the Lord hath ceased striving with them.
6 And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.
The reason why I like this scripture so much is that regardless of if poeple accept the gospel or not we all have a duty to preach it to them. Our duty is to be diligent, thats it! WE must do our part and then trust in Gods promises and love for his people.}
Long story short, the mission means everything to me. I have never been so happy my entire life. The things that we learn and feel here are life changing. I love you all so much and know that this is the true church of the Savior of the World, Jesus Christ.
LOVE YOU ALL!!
-Elder Noel
DAD! Thanks for your email! I am really just loving it all!!! The Aggies just break my heart..... What programs does USU have for sports administration or things like that? Your presidency sounds really great, they will be awesome! Teaching is sooooo very important in the Church and I know that you will be able to donate even more of your many gifts to Gods kingdom on the earth! Its not 100% that I will be one more transfer. I have a feeling that it wont be but who knows! Elder Cook comes to the mission this week!!!Thanks for the support and Love! Looks liike lyou have got your hands fuuullll of work back home haha Go skiing! I bet its amazing up there! Tell Josh I said Hi as well! He is such an inspiration to me! LOVE YOU ALL!!
Elder Noel
MOM!
Thank you so much for your email! This week has been very hot but we have also experienced rain wich is very very strange! We are working sooooo very hard. We are getting home everynight and almost collapse. We havent had anyone come to church for a while so we are just giving it eveything we got! The sector has been frustrating us lately but we just give it all we got and have faith! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grandpa! I believe i sent him a birthday wish last week but I will send another today! He truly is a great, great example. Adam and Jackson come home like that? Thats very weird because Jackson left before me and Adam left awhile after me haha I wish I could just stay here... I do get a little scared thinking about home. I dont want to do it. I want to be with you all but I get a little anxiety thinking about it. I really wanted to be with Jackson. It will be ok with Adam but we have had some problems in the past. He (and I) Can be kind of annoying to be around sometimes haha it would help alot getting someone else there with us like Nick or Montana. Im sorry that I failed miserabley back home and dont have anything planned or any type of Scholarship. Being on the mission I know see how many talents I had wasted back home.
Maybe hayden can help me with this. I still have a loooonng way to go but when i think about home i just think of how mediocre I was. It scares me going back to that world.
This week there was an unexpected surprise! We had our interveiws with President and he told me that He and Hermana Larson have been talking and they believe that they need me to stay as AP for one change more. So that would put me until the end of march. 9 months as AP, 6 transfers.. He said that nothing is certain yet but for now thats how its going to be. I have a feeling that this is my last change as AP but we will see what happens! I would be delited to stay one more!
Anyways everything is awesome here! I am just soooo very happy and enjoying every moment. This week ELDER COOK is going to come to the mission! HOW cool is that!!! We are excited to learn from an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!
Elder Noel
James 1:5-6
I absultly LOVE this scripture! I think that I love it so much becasue it is a constant reminder to looks towards the source of all truth and light. Sometimes in the mission here we feel like we are in a warzone because there are sooooo many churchs down here. But it is so reasuring to know that If the investigator will just ask with faith God will let them know of the truth.
If we listen to men we will be led astray. If we listen to God we will have eternal life. Many times in life we are satisfied with the easy. Many poeple dont want to put in the time or faith to recieve an answer form God and thats why so many are decieved. i remember when I was trying to gain my testimony of The Book of Mormon I would read like 2 pages every night and it would normally put me to sleep and I just expect some night to recieve my testimony. I did not receive my testimony until I STUDIED the Book of Mormon and then Ask IN FAITH! I think that we are very very good in asking but not working to receive an answer. If we truly want an answer from God we will do everything possible to receive it. I remember hearing that Parly P. Pratt read the entire Book of Mormon from start to finish without putting it down. When he asked God the spririt came. Parly asked in faith and we should too.
Anyways thats my schpeel and just some thoughts on that beautful scripture! i hope that it can help!
--
-Elder Noel
No comments:
Post a Comment