Friday, July 22, 2016

May 16, 2016

How is everyone doing? :) 

Nothing crazy happend this week but i hope you all know that i love you very very much!

So this week we did a split for zone contacting and i went with elder munoz. he is a new elder who is a convert! He has 24 years old and is the only member in his family. he had to be baptized in secret because his dad is a chirstian pastor! His family do not support him but here he is, serving a mission showing faith that rivals that of nephi! He is such a great example! Sometimes we forget how truly lucky we are!

While contacting we saw an old man on his wheelchair and asked us if we could push him to his next stop so we accpeted and took him to a super market where he then told us to, "wait here" we then watched as he enterd a gambling booth and bought a few lottery tickets haha we couldnt belive it!He then asked us to wheel him back to the same spot we started! we taught him for a sec but he was not very interested haha

Yesterday we taught a memer family and the mom told us of her conversion story. She was converted at 18 years of age in a small village. Her family strongly opposed her desicion and kicked her out. There branch had no place to get together so the president challenge the members to build a chapel, He then assigned everyone a 6x6 box that they they had to dig in. She was week and could not go as fast as she would like so a missionary helped her out. The next day she felt so embarresed that she woke up super early and set to work. It took her twice as long as the others to dig her hole but she accomplished it! Then as the sun went down she noticed that her hands were all blistered and bleeding. She said that the love she felt for the lord made it that "she didnt feel the pain."

This really got me thinking about something i call,"The Celestial Reason." In our lives we make desicions every second. What is it that motivates us to do them? I have found that there are many different reasons but "The Celestial Reason" Is because we love our Lord and Redeemer. Why do we go to church every sunday? Why do we do our visiting teaching? I do we obey? There are many reasons to obey but there is one above the rest. We do it all out of LOVE!

The sister who i talked about made the desiscion to build a chapel, but why? It wasent because she liked digging holes, it wasent even because she wanted to be obedient, it was beacuse she LOVED the lord jesus christ and in turn he blessed her with a chappel! 

I invite you all to ask, Why? and change accordingly! I love you all so much!!!

Love, Elder Noel


MOM! 
Wow i want to thank you so very much for emailing me! I feel the same way everytime i go to the temple! I feel like you are all right next to me everytime im in the celestial room! Mom you dont know how happy you make me to hear what you want me to accomplish! I have been thinking alot about it lately and i feel like thats the same way God feels about me! Thos are the same things he wants me to do in the mission! I will print it out and make goals accordingly! I promise you that i will do all in my power and then some to be who you want me to be! I LOVE YOU!

I am very sad to hear about hayden... I HATE STATAN! haha its so true. he is so pathetic. We seem to really stuggle in our family with comparing ourselves to others. That is one goliath that i want to slay while on my mission. I do not wnat to return home to a constant fight with my old giant! I too will be fasting and praying for him! 

I cant bleive how fast time is going by. honestly its a true miracle! I remember the first time i heard you guys were entering school and i thought to myself,"Wow the time is flying" Well, now your ending school and i think to myself, "Time needs to slow down" haha i love it here and truly do love the people!

Well whatever happens with dad just dont stop working. never stop working. give it all you got! So something strange hapend this week. I had dreams! haha i never have had a spiritual dream but this week i had two. The first one was an old investigator i had here in this zone. It looked like we were in heaven and he told me with tears in his eyes,"Thank you. I knew it was true, i knew it was true, but the world beat me and i lost the fight! WOW! Also i had one with the stake presidency. THey all gave me great advice haha maybe im getting more spiritual or just more crazy!

Anyways mom im doing very well. I love it here. Every second. Im trying to purify myself and be the best i can be! I am trying to KILL my natural man!!!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

Elder Noel

p.s. there is a lady in our ward who always bakes us stuff and wants the recipe of your homeaid cookies! SEND IT PLEASE!!


Thanks for the email dad! 
Im doing really well right now and loving the mission! It was so strengthing to see you all last week as well! It was like seeing my best friends in the whole world!!! I am trying to utilize all the gifts god has given me here to bless his children! THANKS AND LOVE YOU!!} I have been praying lately for mountains to climb so we will see how that goes!!

Elder Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment