So this week was a very fun week! Last saturday for Pday we went to go play baseball with the office Elders and President and his son Mathew! it was very fun!! we had a few investigators come to church this week but none of them stayed all 3 hours :( We are happy for the faith they are showing!!! I would like to tell you about some of these people!!
Diego-
Diego is the son of one of our recent converts here. He has never ever wanted to talk to the missionarys because he was absorbed in this world. One day while ending the lesson witht eh recent convert he told us that he wanted to talk with us as well!! We came back and have had alot of apoointments with him ever since. He is quiting drugs and he used to smoke everyday but he told us that when we come and he prays he feels the spirirt! Now every time he feels tempted he kneels down and prays!!! WOW! He came on sunday but jjust for one hour. He will be baptized the 13th of August!!!
Jose-
Jose is the cousin of one of the members here. We is 15 years old and literally the smartest kid ive ever met. He always reads the Book of Mormon and the other day he baisically taught us the restoration. He said that everything jsut "makes sense." He also told us that while praying for an answer he felt protected. Like if God himself was hugging him. He will be joining Diego and 4 others on the 13th and be baptized!!
What makes me so happy and stands out about these investigators is that they have both received there answers by the Holy Spirit. I have learned that only the answer by the holy spirirt is what will keep the converts active. They must and we must obtain a testimony by the power of the Holy Spirit, not by the 5 senses.
Laman and Lemuel HEARD the voice of god, SAW an angle, ATE food cooked by gods power FELT the shock of Nephi go through there body and still wearied and left the course. I challenge you all, if you have not gained a testimony by the Spirit of God to do so.
I Love you all so much and i love this work with everything that i am and have!!! Hope you all have a great week!! LOVE YOU!!
-Elder Noel
MOM!!!!
Thank you so much for the great email!!! Being Assistant is very fun but also a heartbreaker... This week we had to do alot of emergency changes in the mission and we had to take a missionary who is in very big problems. We worked with him for two days and then President called and told him that he will be going home early from his mission.... It broke my heart to see him cry. I think that is the worst about being Assistant. I have never liked to be the deliverer of bad news and thats what we have to do alot here. It helps me and prepares me for my future! Our sector is flat hahaha. WOWOWOWOW I am so happy for Hayden but also very very sad that I wont be there to see him.. She has to be there for skype. Maybe president will let me do some type of skype call to see his marriage. We will see what i can do!
USU is going to be great and im very excited to be up there but i am loving the mission. It is so very fun and literally the work of salvation! Im glad that all is well back home. You guys are great and i love you all so very much! It would be very unlikly that I see here but i can send here some letters of encouragment pretty easily!!!
I will be getting back on in about an hour if you would like to chat! LOVE YOU!!!
Elder Noel
Thanks for the email Dad!!!!
It is very fun being an Assistant but also alot of work!!! It is a change but not too much. I like being to use my god given talents to help other missionarys. WE are all over the place here as well! We go on alot of divisions with struggling Elders in the mission and keep track of all the goals and paperwork and things liek that. We also give alot of trainings on teaching and being a more effective missionary. We also help with the emergerncy changes. This week there is an Elder who made alot of bad choices here and will be going home early from his mission. So president asked us to be with him in a trio for 2 days while President talks to the Qoroum of the 12 to recieve guidance, The missionary will be going home and it was heartbreaking to see how sad he was. I never like to be the deliverer of bad news and thats alot fo what being an assistant is!
Sounds like fun!!! It will be a blast but right now like you said, this time is short and i need to take advantage!!!! I tuly do love them. I hate when other missionarys talk bad about the people or culture here because i love all of them here! My highest love is for my heavenly father and Jesus Christ. My love for them has grown soooo much on my mission and i just want to serve them, wether that be as an Assistant of a junior companion! I just want ot give him all of me!!!"!
I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!
Elder Noel
| Picking up the new missionarys!!! |
| Baseball with President! |
| My Companion that I trained went to his mission in Arkansas the other day!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment