Wednesday, October 19, 2016

August 27, 2016

MOM! Thanks so much for writing me! This week was very good and kind of weird! We picked up the new missionarys on tuesday! 11 North Americans came from the Mexico MTC so we went with President to go pick them up and my companion went to the Lima MTC. They are about 20 in all! We did an all day training that went really well!! Our investigators are doing awesome! This week we have had like 0 time to work in our sector but even with that we are finding awesome Investigators and seeing miracles daily! I am very happy that everyone is doing great back home. I have been praying alot for all of my family (Including Baylee) Im happy for all of you and i now that they are going to have a great school year! This week i got kind of down one of the days. We had a training with all The Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders from the mission and President has us train them on teaching skills. I felt uselss... Satan told me that i only have a year in the mission and im trying to teach a huge group of my heros! I found comfort in the fact that im not the teacher, the spirit is and if i open my mouth im completing with my part. I have been kind of looking for some confirmation that im doing a good job this week. We spend alot of time asking how other missionarys are and helping them, im very greatful for that but very few times missoinarys have said something like,"Your a great missionary." or "I really liked the training that you guys gave!" I had all of those fealings and new i needed to repent because im not here for the praise of man rather the praise of God. But thinking about that made me think... How do I know if im doing enough? How do I know if God is happy with the work im doing? Trying to find answers... Other than that we had a great week! I love you and hope that we can chat!!! LOVE YOU!

Elder Noel

Freinds and Family! So the time has escaped me and i dont have very much time to write today! However i still need to thank you all for your love and support! I couldnt do it with out you!!

This week was a very great week! We had a ton of fun! We went to go pick up the new missionaries in the airport on tuesday! about 12 of them came from the Mexico MTC and speak zilch of espanol! All of their trainers are Latinos so that will be fun and help them alot!!! 

We are very excited right now in the mission! There is alot of young blood and we are preaching with Lamanites! WHO WOULDNT BE EXCITED!! This transfer we are doing interveiws so we will rarely be in our own sector to work.... Please pray for Dante, Gonzalo, Lucero, Angela, Marco Antontio!!! They need our help!!! 

If all goes well Lucero will be baptized this week!!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!

-- 
-Elder Noel

DAD! thank you so much for the email. You answered my question perfectly. I have printed out that email and saved it away for when i end the mission! THANK YOU! Everything is great here. I am loving everything. The assignment is a big change and alot of work. We are 100% focused on others. There is no time to feel sorry for ourselves or worry about ourselves. It makes my prayers more personally because I get to talk about that and how i personally feel with my Father in Heaven! However, I have felt alittle strange these past couple of days.. In this position we are always asking others how they feel and serving others, i love that and im so greatful for that chance but sometimes i feel like im not doing well enough. It might be my lack of faith or selfish vantage point but during my mission not many people have given me compliments. Sometimes i jsut want to hear something like,"Your a great missionary" or "I really learned alot from the training you gave us." It would be nice to hear something like that to know if im doing good or not... I guess my question is, How do I know when im doing enough or doing a good job? However im greatful to be able to feel these things because now i know how other feel sometimes and ive put goals to give more compliments. My email is kind of all over the place today, sorry about that. Other than that im doing great and im very very very happy! Please respond as soon as possible!!!! LOVE YOU!!

Elder Noel
Last Pday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment