how is everyone doing? Im hoping everyone had a really good week, but if you didnt get up brush yourself off and keep on moving! haha
This week we had changes and i received my new comp Elder Caipo from Trujillo peru! he has a year in the mision and is such a great worker and super ordenado! We are gonna do awesome things here!
this week we found an amazing familia of 3. A Mom and her two daughters. they are all so smart and tell us that they feel our spirit and feel like this is the path for them! The mom has alot of questions because of things that have happend to her in other religons. When she was catholic she got pregnant and everyone in her congregration wouldent talk to her. She finally wen to her preacher and he asked if she is living with a man out of marriage and she said yes. he then said i cant help you, thank you for your time. She was crushed and went to the Testigos de Jehova for a while until her freinds daughter was pregnant out of wedlock as well and the pastor there banded her friend from talking to her daughter and wouldnt let her go to her baby shower or anything! Because of these experinces she is scared the same will happen to her in our church and we were so happy to share the message that the doors are ALWAYS open! She is super ready and all accpeted a bautism date!
Our investigator that had her interview had officially gone 2 weeks without smoking and is ready for baptism. I have been so honord to see the change in her life! She is giving up everything so she can change her life!!
Other than that nothing insane like a naked man or biting dog happend this week! All is well here and im glad to hear that all is well there as well!
I challenge all of you to step back and observe your realtionship with God and pick the things you can improve. I invite all members to become converted unto christ and not just go to church! membership does not bring Joy. Conversion does!
Love you all and hope you have had an amazing week! Let me know how your doing!
LOVE YOU ALL!
Elder Noel
Cole,
I'm just trying to read your email. Bottom line, how are you?
Dad
Im doing good dad. Imstill blaming myself for the low numbers here and i nkow i shouldnt but i just feel like it smy fault. Im trying really hard but have been constatly regectd the past 3 months and it hurts. Not one of our new investigators came to church becasue they all had last mintue things pop up. I dont understand why god doesent just clear the path for them so they can attend church.. Its really hard in this sector and i feel like im not making a dent..
Agency can be a real bummer. I don’t know if this is doctrine or not, but maybe Satan had some of the same frustrations and decided it was just better to “make” people accept it. I know you don’t want to make people accept the gospel, but agency is tough. Imagine how our Heavenly Father feels? He gave us agency knowing we probably would not use it very well. You are making a dent, you just can’t see it yet. Imagine the elders in places like Russia who may baptize just one person in two years? The Lord and your Mission President need you to be obedient and to work hard, because there are many who would not if there was not pressure to do so. The negative consequence of that pressure sometimes is that good elders like yourself blame your self for all lack of production. You can’t give yourself the credit for baptisms, so you can’t give yourself the blame for people who don’t want to hear. I know I sound like a broken record, but do what you are supposed to do and leave the rest to the Lord. If He could just pave a path for everyone to join, then He sets aside agency, even in a small way. I am sure the Lord does make “arrangements” and help people a long, but DO NOT get caught up in trying to figure that out. It will drive you mad. The Lord knows what He is doing and se just have to be ready and to be in the right the place at the right time, which takes obedience, hard work, dedication, etc., all the things you are doing.
Keep your chin up. Keep preaching.
Dad
Thanks dad. That does help. I have been told that for awhile i just havent wanted to believe it i guess haha. I do think about missionarys in harder places alot but then i think about how lucky i am to be where i am and i need to be doing more! Its just really stressfull and i need to learn to just give it all to god. i go out everyday and talk to everyone and have lessons and find people and i shouple just be content with that. But its easier said then done for me.. Thank you for the advice dad!
--
-Elder Noel
Cole,
I think it’s a good sign that it bothers you. It means you care. The trick is just letting bother you and not letting it get you down and discouraged.
Hey Mom :)
You are doing great things, planting lots of seeds. People may take years to join the Church, but their first impression of it will be you, and you can either be a great impression, or not.
Dad
My new comp is Elder Caipo from trujillo Peru! He is such a wise missonary and we have been changing alot of things this week! Its his first time being the district leader but he is so prepared and has an amazing spirit! he likes to work wich is good because ive really been trying to work super hard these past couple of weeks and im truly gaining a love for it! Same sector, Same Apartment. Glad to hear you had fun and the family is doing good! I have recieved a few emails about the new standards and i feel so bad for some people and the hate they have recieved. I explained to my friend taylar dunn that the church needs converts not members. theere is a grand difference and member who are falling away or complaining about this are members but not converts. I have realized on my mission that numbers really dont matter. Our personal obedience and conversion is what truly matters! This week has been really good and im growing closer to my father in heaven every day. I miss you a ton mom. Words cant describe! I hope we can talk today! LOVE YOU!!
Elder Noel
No comments:
Post a Comment