Monday, December 7, 2015

November 16, 2015

How is everyone doing? :) It sounds like some better than others! I hope you are all putting God first because there are so many blessings that come from doing so!

This week was filled with alot of trials and hardwork but thats just how the mission always is! haha

Last P-day we went to a catholic cathedral, one of the first in peru, and were able to tour it all! Its was really cool history! The have a graveyard filled with 30,000 people below! They baisically killed the sinners and protestors back then! it was a pretty evil spirit felt there!

This week we had 1 investigator come to church named Romeli! She is a single mother of about 35 years of age with a 2 year old son. Her husband left her one nights and she has raised her son with her family and no one else! She loves the influence the church will have on him as he grows up! She is progessing rapidly towards baptism! It was pretty crazy to think her son could be bishop of this ward one day! haha I hope so!!

A couple of drunk people came up to us and shook our hands and wouldnt let go1 one of them looked at me then right at my watch and put his head down then lifted my wrist and pressed it to his forhead then did the same thing with Elder Caipo! Its so so weird but we think he did it to check out our watches so were gonna be going watchless these next couple of weeks haha Sketchy Surquillo!
I dont have much time to write this week but hope you all know how much i love you and hope the very very best for you. Thanks for your support!!!

Elder Noel

Thanks so much mom! That message is so very powerfull and so very true! i never even thought of it that way! Im actually pretty sick right now... Elder Caipo is awesome but i can tell his last comp was a little lazy and so im working him pretty hard! I hate wasting any mintue of the day and just want to work. I think i have worked myself sick. We dont get enough nutrition here to be honest. We only have 4 soles for dinner wich is the equivalent of about $1.25 US haha its a struggle but we do with what ww got! Im getting skinnier i think.. However none of this is an excuese to not work hard! Ive just got to be a man and get the work done haha its so weird because I never worked back home but here thats all i want to do! I LOVE THE WORK! Thanks for everything mom and hope we will be able to talk today. i have about an hour left. Freakin Aggies....

LOVE LOVE LOVE
Elder Noel 

Cole, this is Dad. You need to eat, son!! Do you need more money? If they have those little tiendas on the corners, stop and get some pan dulce or something with fat and carbs, protein if you can, and eat it while walking around. Stay away from sugar. It wont help you. Sorry to sound like a health nut, but even just bread or fruit. In Mexico they sold these little miniature bread loafs. They kind of tasted sweet. They had about 300 calories a piece and probably 15 grams of fat. Perfect. Taco stands work, too. You can eat while working. No need to take a lot of time. If you are sick and without energy, then you are of less use to the Lord. There is a reason he said that we should not run faster than we have strength. I know some use that as an excuse to be lazy, but I think we all know what the Lord meant by that. When I got to a new area, I knew the members who would feed us on the run and I knew where all the tiendas were so I could get some food in me on the run. I still lost a lot weight on my mission, even though I was careful to eat as much as possible. 

Dad. 

Yah im gonna try to do that more often but i dont want to waste time haha and i feel rude eating and contacted! Some kids and familys here have nothing! However i do need to stay healthy and be of more use to the Lord. I didnt think about it that way!
-Elder Noel

Dad,
-- Wow! Im so very bummed and Glad to hear about the Aggies! The football team has 2 years to figure it out because if i come home and there crap i dont know what im gonna do haha Collete is a bummer but the recruting sounds good! Sounds like the fans need to excerisize alittle godly pacience and love haha
i wish i had more time to respond to your letter but you are so very right. From what ive heard alot of my friends are getting bashed on pretty hard! I feel really really bad for them. It must be hard as a bishop as well.

I took the challenge and decided to let God worry about things haha however that means we must do all that we can do first! Im trying to do it and feel like its slowly working! Im working really hard out here dad... Im pretty sick right now! I think its from the work we have been putting in but its no excuse to stay home. the people need the Gospel! Surquillo is the ghetto place w are in every day. I have witnessed every type of sin and abomination and its starting to take a toll on me. I love being with our ward because iom reminded that not all the world is like Sodom and Gomorra haha I am surrounded by drugs addicts, alcohalics, pornogrophy on a hourly basis! Its so hard to be a light in a cave! But we do it and have the protection of the all mighty! At times i wish you all could jsut see me haha dont tell mom but i hear gunshots everyday haha alot of them are fireworks that people set off as weel and its hard to distinguish! We contact doors that weh open heavy smoke flow out haha we cant take any valuables in there! but thats just a piece of my world! haha 

The only thing i can really say is that i feel like im in a Gold mine and not striking anything. This is a baptizing misison and im not doing it. Everyone else is. thats the only thing thats hard to cope with but im starting to worry about it less and less! 

LOVE YOU SO MUCH DAD!
Elder Noel

Take care of yourself. There are good people there, too. I know you know that, but sometimes we have to be reminded. Also, a lot good people are in a deep rut of sin and addiction and don’t know how to get out. The natural man does not want to get out, but the spirit is screaming for help. I know it’s tough. Hang in there. Don’t work yourself to death. Things don’t turn around in a couple of weeks. I remember when my zone (I was zone leader) baptized the least of any zone in the mission and we were called out for it. You can imagine how fun that was. I developed thick skin and knew that as along as I was doing my part, the Lord had to take it the rest of the way. Stay strong. 

Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment