Thursday, October 29, 2015

October 12, 2015


What a week! I am sooooo soar right now its insane.. we have been walking so much and our sector is huge! We have investigators in every corner so we have to walk a ton! Nothing really insane happend this week. Just slowly gettting better and adapting to missionary life and Peru! Im really starting to love my mission!

So this week we were contacting in a quinta "Dangerous Alleyway" haha and we usually enter with a fake name to contact or they wont talk to us. We have used every name in the book haha we usually use famous sports stars and so in this Quinta we used David Ortiz! If you know baseball you know who that is! So we knocked on the first door and asked for a David Ortiz and they pointed at a certain house then slammed the door, we thought nothing about it and continued contacting until after 4 houses pointed at the same door haha there was actually a David Ortiz in that quinta!!! And lets just say his family was really mad we knew his name lol 

This week we met this awesome family and there son in particular. He is 10 years old and is the funniest little kid ever. He is a short fat kid who has asthma and he is so awesome! His family are active catholics (only ones in the world) but he wants to come to our church! We have a cita con su familia and we are gonna get them all to come to church this week so thats good!

Thank you all for praying for Manuel! he got better really fast and was more lively than ever! They couldnt attend church this sunday either because he got super sick the morning of... He really wants to get baptized and his wife has a little fear of joing the church but he told us not to worry and that, "He will take care of our little problem." haha we love them!

Other then that nothing insane happend this week! I love you all and i hope you are doing he things in your life to allow you to recieve your own personal revalation! My brother came home from his mission this week and we both cant belive how fast it flies by. I only have 2 years to give God my all so im really trying to wrok hard out here! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Elder Noel

Dad,
KK. so i hate complaining about comps but i need advice... Every time we have weekly planning he really turns into a different person.. We have interviews with the President this week and we have to bring our carpeta de area and I didnt even know what that was. parra told me we have to fill it all out and i had no idea how so i just tried my best but was showing signs of frustation. He ripped the paper from my hands and said if you gonna do it angrily i will just do it all! So i got another sheet and kept working.. Then in weekly plannning he wouldnt say a word to me and if i said anything weould just tare me down! I was planning to tell him thanks for being an amazing trainer and that he really is the answer to my prayers but al i got was

Solo quiro decir gracis

y el me digo

yo no necesito tu gracias. 

I couldnt belive it.. We were like brothers the night before and now he like hated me! Right after the prayer i went to the bathroom and just started crying and we havent beent he same since.. its slowly getting better but idk what to do

Cole,
I'm dictating this in the car so there's going to be a lot of typos. Sorry. I'm sorry that you're going through that with your companion. Sounds like you might have some insecurities. Maybe you just need to sit down with him and tell him exactly what you told us? Is there a language barrier? Maybe just ask him what you have done and is there anyway you could make it better!

That's hard. My first companion kind of had a temper. I don't think you like Americans too much either. I seem to kind a get under his nerves a little bit. Looking back, I probably was a little bit hard to get along with my first couple of months. I don't have patience with him and just treat him with respect and overlook his tantrums. We ended up having a pretty good companionship. He never became my favorite companion, but we did end up respecting each other a lot and I'm grateful to him for helping me learn Spanish and the rules of the mission.

Also, I have found that it never hurts to look in the mirror. Often times there are things that we do that get under people skin even though it's completely unintentional. It might be the way in which we treat them or talk to them or respond to their help or advice. If you look close enough and with enough humility, you may be able to identify something that you're doing or not doing that might be able to help the situation. I'm sorry that you're going through it, but you'll grow from that things work out fine.


This is Hayden, I remember having a couple of discussions like that with my trainer.  A couple of them were during planning session.  I think that is because it is a really stressful part of the week.  Weekly planning is sorta stressful and stress can bring out the worst in people.  Just apologize and ask him to forgive you.  If he doesn’t then that is his problem not yours.  I had a love hate relationship with my trainer as well.  I think that it is normal.  But just realize that soon you guys wont be able to remember the fights and things like that.  All you guys will remember are the people you taught, the good time you spent together, and the good qualities of each other.  Like i said just be patient.  It can be hard.  But just remember that with each bad experience we get an opportunity to apply the teachings of Jesus, and as we apply his teachings, we are made to become like him.  the lord is trying you a little, he is trying to mold you.

Your a good missionary Cole, just keep up the great work

Love,

Hayden

thanks hayden! Yah i need to just apologize and get everything out of the way. Im scared to talk to him about it to be honest because its slowly getting better and im worried it will push him in the wrong direction idk... The revelation i recieved was a voice of dad saying Stand up straight haha i just need to exercize mas pacienca.. simper!


Cole loves to sleep

Cole got his first package!

No comments:

Post a Comment